- Responsible for protection of lives and properties by maintaining a safe and secure environment.
- Monitors, record, and controls access point of pedestrian and vehicle movement.
- Patrols premises randomly to prevent and detect signs of intrusion.
- Apprehend criminals and evict violators.
- Acts lawfully in direct defense of life or property.
- Observes location for unusual and suspicious activities, theft, fires, people’s safety, etc.
- Investigates any security breaches and suspicious circumstances and reports to security supervisor for follow-up and action.
- Assists visitors with directions or any related information.
- Responds promptly to security alarms and takes necessary action.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, the presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Controls traffic by directing drivers.
- Ensures all safety policies and guard orders and implemented to the latter at all times.
- Records the movement of employer vehicles and keeps the record of the driver’s destination.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
You are here
Our client is a property owner/NGO is based in Victoria Island, LAGOS in need of a SECURITY MAINTENANCE team. This position is responsible for the protection of lives and properties. He observes for signs of crime or disorder and investigates disturbances and reports to the supervisor.
- Should possess a minimum of SSCE certificate.
- Should have at least 4-5 years experience as a security officer in an organized establishment with proof.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English language.
- Should have knowledge of basic security procedures.
- Decision-making skills in emergency situations.
- Should possess skill in both verbal and written communication in English language.
- Possess skill in observing situations and decision-making.
- Should possess good interpersonal skills.
- Should work well under pressure.
- Pays attention to details.