- Plans menus according to employer’s needs and diet restrictions and for the household.
- Creates new recipes.
- Plan and prepare food for parties, holiday meals, luncheons, special functions, and other social events.
- Peel, wash, trim and cook vegetables and meats. And bakes bread and pastries for the household.
- Responsible for preparing meals according to employer’s recipes. Handles all meals for the family and possibly for other household staff.
- Prepares special meals for functions and as requested.
- Prepares meals and snacks for household and guests.
- Performs all household cooking as directed.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or as directed by the employer.
- Apportion, arrange, and garnish food.
- Responsible for ensuring the kitchen and cooking utensils are kept clean.
- Ensures staff compliance kitchen etiquette.
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Direct the operation and organization of the kitchen and all food-related activities, including portioning and presentation of food.
- Coordinates the activities of the kitchen staff.
- Responsible for making requisition of all kitchen supplies and equipment.
- Ensures proper stock-taking of items in the kitchen is taken.
- Stores kitchen suppliers appropriately.