- Responsible for designing and building the risk and underwriting infrastructure for innovative consumer lending platforms
- Creation of the risk and underwriting policies, infrastructure, development and deployment of underwriting models, risk decision strategies and fraud detection
- Be involved in the full-life-cycle and straddle credit-and non-credit functions
- Work closely with the Senior Management team and lending partners in managing Risk/Return of the portfolio, defaults & collections
- Represent the company to the outside world, including lending partners, the board of directors & other strategic alliances
- Responsible for credit underwriting/ analysis/appraisal as well as developing the lending norms/ rates/policies for all retail lending products offered.
- Ensure that the customer portfolio meets the quality measures. You would also manage internal stakeholders in addition to regulators and governing bodies.
You are here
MIcro Credit Manager
The Microcredit manager will report to the Chief Executive Officer as well as on a dotted line basis to Board of Directors, who has over 10 years of experience in investment management, tech, strategy, business development from a microfinance bank or Fin-tech company. This is a strategic role, to set the company direction for the next 5-7 years.
The Successful Applicant MUST HAVE
- Deep knowledge of scorecards, credit policies and risk management
- Experience in validating and implementing risk models and strategies
- At least 3-5 years of experience in using analytics for credit modelling
- Passion for using data and algorithm to drive underwriting decisions
- Extreme comfort with technology and working with engineers
- Passionate, creative, innovative and looking to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- MBA Tech or B.Tech with at least 8+ years of experience in a retail or micro finance banking
- Experience of managing all aspects of a successful tech loan portfolio, including credit underwriting and origination, post loan credit and debt management, collections, portfolio management, new product development;
- 2-5 years of management experience in credit function of a bank and/or financial institution and/or similar experience in a data analytics, data science environment; and ●
- Team building and leadership either within a start-up organisation or an innovation or new business unit within a larger entity.
- Financial & Statistics background or in a related field
- Data analytics background will be an added advantage
- Should possess a degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent discipline from a reputable institution with good grades.
- Must have worked in a microfinance company or fin tech institution