- Responsible for preparing monthly reports to the management committee.
- Prepares and complete interim and end of the year statutory accounts, including consolidation of the Nigerian subsidiary with the U.S parent and Ops Co.
- Responsible for the management of the treasury function and payroll.
- Management and development of the accounting function designed to monitor and control all aspects of the business; progressing innovative systems development which delivers incisive performance indicators, management information and provides a competitive advantage to the group.
- Construct and monitor reliable control and fraud prevention systems.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate insurance coverage.
- Compliance with all Nigerian and U.S tax authority requirements.
- Liaison with external auditors, taxation advisers, solicitors and other professional advisers.
- Ensures the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
BUDGETING AND FORECAST
- Provide key inputs for the implementation and management of group budgeting cycle.
- Provide key inputs for the preparation of budgets, forecasts, and business plans and continued
- Monitoring& review of performance against them to enable robust reporting of variances to the Board and third-party stakeholders.
- To take a lead role in the implementation of the
- Review and (if necessary) upgrade of the accounting system.
- Lead research and, if necessary implementation of new system through working closely with IT.
- Ensure record keeping meets the requirements of the auditors and government agencies.
- Maintains relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts; maintain the group’s banking relationship.
- Be the custodian of the group’s creditworthiness and credit rating.
- Negotiate with all relevant government bodies, company unions and regulatory entities if and when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.