i. FINANCIAL CONTROL:
- Oversee and supervise the preparation of the annual and monthly cash budget
- Ensure effective budget monitoring and variance analysis
ii. INTERNAL BUSINESS PROCESSES:
- Coordinate with the Internal Audit department and the Audit Committee to ensure 100% acceptance by Internal Auditors, External Auditors and Regulatory Authorities.
- Manage the production, verification, and submission of relevant financial reports to the DFIs and returns to regulatory authorities, such as the Central Bank of Nigeria
- Supervise the production of periodic financial statements in accordance with relevant accounting standards and timetable
- Develop and implement consistent periodic financial and business performance analysis
- Ensure periodic review of the entire accounting and financial management systems to ensure efficient capturing and processing of financial data in the light of the business Plan Objectives and ongoing performance
- Prepare and review periodic cash-flow projections. Propose capital/debt structure / Formulate and supervise the implementation of asset and liability management strategies
- Provide effective support and participation in the preparation of winning corporate strategy and business plans
- Ensure maintenance of up-to-date and correct asset register
- Prepare and review monthly investment status reports. Design and implement robust investment strategies.
- Ensure periodic review of the entire accounting and financial management systems to ensure efficient capturing and processing of financial data.
- Supervise and invest in all members of the FINCON team to ensure they deliver on their KPIs
- Manage the process of financial reporting to all stakeholders
- Manage relationship with all the banks where the company has accounts
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- First degree or its equivalent, preferably in a numeric discipline (e.g. Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or in a related field). A postgraduate degree or an MBA will be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualifications /affiliations such as ICAN, ACCA, CIBN, CFA, ACIB etc.
- Minimum 10-12 years working experience, minimum of 6 years relative experience. Minimum of 4 years senior management experience within the financial services (i.e. banking, insurance, microfinance, etc.) industry.
- Prior C-suite experience/ experience reporting to a Board/Board committee.
- -Good leadership skills with demonstrable results.