Although it may appear to be simple, conducting a training session requires specific skills and knowledge of how people learn. This 2 days training program provides the groundwork for trainers to begin developing and refining their training and facilitation skills using a variety of methods to deliver the best learning experiences and improve learner engagement and retention
After the completion of this course, participants should be able to;
- Identified the Skills And Characteristics Of An Exceptional Trainer
- Understand the principles of Adult learning
- Identify the phases in training and development
- Describe needs analysis and why it is a necessary step in any training program
- Gain knowledge of how a well-designed training program looks like and how to design a training material
- Present information clear, concise and in an engaging manner
- Choose/arrange a seating arrangement conducive to hands-on learning
- Develop strategies for handling environmental challenges and disruptive participants.
- Understand the dynamics of your group and learn how to adjust to it as a trainer.
- Understand multiple methods of making a lecture-based program active
- Methods of assessing learners’ performance.
- This course is intended for subject matter experts who wish to transition into training professionals in their areas of expertise.
- Trainers who wish to refine their training and facilitation skills and those involved in the development of others.
- Skills And Characteristics Of An Exceptional Trainer
- Principles Of Adult Learning- Leveraging What Makes People Engage
- Understanding Training And Development Cycle
- Training Design And Materials Development
- Teaching And Learning Resources- Getting The Most From Flipcharts And Powerpoint
- Facilitation And Presentation Skills
- Learning Space Design – How To arrange A Room To Facilitate An Interactive Learning Experience
- Classroom Management- Managing The Attention And Energy Level Of A Group And Dealing With Challenging Situation And Participant That Can Upset A Flow Of Session
- Understanding Group Dynamics- Understand The Dynamics Of Your Group And Learn How To Adjust To It As A Trainer.
- Assessing Learners Performance
- Certificate upon completion of course
- Free HR e-resources and Templates
- A free online soft skills training powered by Nicole Sinclair
- Hands-on training to level up your presentation game. Get confident to present a training session
- Practice the basic facilitation skills needed to facilitate a group conversation effectively
- Learn how to design a training program and develop training materials
- Practicalities on how to use visuals in a training session.
- How to arrange a room to facilitate an interactive learning experience
- Gain experience on how to manage the attention level of a group and handle challenges that can upset a training session
- Learn ways of assessing learner performance after a training program